Saturday, December 11, 2010

Priety Zinta Beautiful Bollywood Celeb

She's already bagged an award for her power-packed performance as a battered wife in "Heaven On Earth", but Bollywood star Preity Zinta says she was humiliated when co-star Vansh Bhardwaj, who plays her abusive husband, slapped her while shooting a scene.

"When we were shooting the film, there was a scene where my co-star had to slap me and, of course, it was a mistake as he took one step forward and actually went smack across my face.

It was the most humiliating experience of my life because everyone saw me getting slapped, " Preity told in an interview.

Preity got the Silver Hugo Award for best actress in the Feature Film Competition section at the 44th Chicago International Film Festival Oct 29.

The mishap on the sets of director Deepa Mehta's film brought Preity closer to reality and made her understand the character better.

"It changed my whole perception towards my role and I realised that it's so terrible to strip a woman of her spirit. It's better to die than to let your spirit die. This film took me to another zone; it just shattered me because I am someone who would immediately stand up for myself, " she said.

Known for her chirpy, bubbly and garrulous image in Bollywood, Preity would be seen at the receiving end in Mehta's film, which she says "completely broke" her heart.

She explained: "It was the most difficult film of my career.
It's also a film that completely broke my heart. I remember asking a woman, who was a victim of domestic violence and had left her husband, what the turning point in her relationship was and she said, 'I told my husband if you want to beat me, beat me in a room. But don't beat me in front of the family.'

"I could never understand that. Beating someone is bad and it doesn't matter if it's alone or in front of others. It's terrible. I really didn't know what it was to be in a situation like this till I did the film."

Preity has of late been accepting non-commercial projects, including the recently released "The Last Lear" and Jahnu Barua's "Har Pal".

Why the sudden interest in off-beat films?

"I did 'Heaven on Earth' because I thought if a commercial actor like me ventured into something like this, it would provide a broader platform. It was something that really inspired me and I was very excited about. I always played stronger roles so this was a change for me.

"I'm happy that the film will get more eyeballs thanks to the recognition it has got. To me, I'll be ultimately happy if every family will see the film, especially the men, " said Preity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment